An introduction to the Online Practitioners Certificate and Diploma in Autism and Mental Health
Free Online Open Event, Friday 2nd December, 10.30-12 mid-day
Learn more about the UK’s first integrative Practitioners Certificate and Diploma in Autism and Mental Health
Welcome to the National Centre for Autism and Mental Health, a one stop portal for access to evidence-based Autism and Mental Health Training Programmes and Support.
Whilst Autism is not a mental health condition, very high numbers of autistic people experience poor mental health across the lifespan with up to 76% reaching out for mental health services. Only 14% of autistic adults and 11% of families feel that there are enough mental health services in their area to meet their needs.
Autistic people have said mental health training which increases understanding of autism and improves responses are the things that can make the biggest difference, alongside making adjustments to the way in which services are provided.
We are delighted to launch the Online Practitioners Certificate & Diploma in Autism and Mental Health in 2023.
- Are you a private practitioner working with autistic people?
- Are you a mental health trust looking to set up an autistic pathway?
- Are you a hospital, supported living service, or Eating Disorder Service wanting to ensure your staff have the skills to support the specific needs of autistic people?
- Are you a Local Authority SEN or Autism service looking to increase awareness, skills and knowledge across your services?
- Are you a school looking to train your staff or counsellors on how to support autistic CYP with co-occurring mental health support needs?
- Are you a private provider or charity providing services to autistic people?
At this free online Open Event you will learn about
- The aims and objectives of this first integrative training in Autism and Mental Health the UK
- The range of practical tools and strategies that you will take away from the training, and how you can use them in your own practice
- The theoretical orientation and approach to teaching and learning
- What will be covered in each of the course modules and have the chance to think about how relevant they are to your own practice/service
- The training team, their backgrounds and contribution to each module
- The timetable for the training, including specific dates for the Certificate and Diploma programme
- Course recognition and CPD
- How to become part of the National Centre for Autism and Mental Health’s UK wide practitioner’s network
You will also take away a free practitioner and service audit tool to support you in thinking about current skills/training gaps when working with autistic people with mental health support needs.
You can register for the Free Online Event by going to www.ncamh.co.uk Further details about the course, including how to sign up, are also available at www.ncamh.co.uk or you can call 07545 190915 to book a discussion about your training support needs We look forward to seeing you at the Online Event on Friday 2nd December.
Clinical Director/Course Programme Lead
MA (Child and Ad Psych), MSc, UKCP, MBACP
National Centre for Autism and Mental Health